Shaw Park Hotel → Shaw Park Botanical Garden
Shaw Park Hotel. Former great house for the Shaw family. Guests also had access to a club on the beach.
- In 1905, Sir John Pringle purchased the house. He enlarged and altered it in a style peculiar to his tastes.
- In 1923, his daughter, Mrs. Flora Pringle Stuart, turned it in a hotel
- Her daughter Gloria Elkins carried on for a while, before it was sold by Colonel Robin Stuart to Sir Harold Marshall.
- In turn it was transferred to interests headed by Mr. Roy Lindo.
- In 1953 opened by Ernie Smatt with 30 rooms.
- It closed at the end of August 1965, and reopened as the Beach Hotel in December 1965.
- The original location is now Shaw Park Botanical Garden.
- Somewhere along the way the Inn at Shaw Park Gardens & Waterfalls opened up with 12 guest rooms in a two-story building.