Clifton House → Clifton Lodge Hotel? → Harmony House → long gone
Montego Bay: Doctor's Cave Beach
Harmony House Hotel. 27 Gloucester Ave. In an original old mansion across the street from the beach near downtown Montego Bay, overlooking the bay.
- It appears to have been the Clifton House. There are a few 1950 mentions in the Gleaner, but no address.
- On the 1952 Texaco map there is a Clifton Lodge Hotel on about this spot, but no mention in the Gleaner under that name.
- In the 1960s the hotel was owned and operated by Mrs. Enid "Biddy" Philpotts Brown.
- In 1965 two rooms were added.
- Before 1967 an annex was added.
- In December 1967 the hotel completed adding a second story to the annex, remodelling completely the second floor of the mansion, and other refurnishing.
- This address is now The Pork Pit. On Airbnb there is a room at the Bayshore Inn @ The Pork Pit, but the picture is different from pictures below.