Inn on the Beach → Club Jamaica Beach Resort → Rooms on the Beach → abandoned
Inn on the Beach, on Turtle Beach in the center of Ocho Rios.
- First Gleaner ad is February 1975. 46 rooms all with seaside balcony overlooking new beach. Had coffee shop. It may have originally been an exterior corridor hotel.
- Then in November 1975 the ads were joint with the Heritage Beach Hotel in Montego Bay.
- Ads ran regularly in 1975 and 1976. Event announcements continued afterwards.
- In August 1986 the hotel reported 80% occupancy.
- In May 1987, the government offered the hotel for sale, along with a dozen other hotels in their portfolio.
- In July 1989 the government sold the hotel to a new company, Inn-On-The-Beach Development Co. Ltd., a 50-50 partnership between hotelier Mr. Lionel Reid and National Commercial Bank Group Ltd. Mr. Reid has been the lessee and operator of the hotel since the late 1970s. He plans to build at least 20 additional rooms within three years of the sale.
- In Summer 1993 the hotel became Club Jamaica Beach Resort. Advertised heavily its opening preview rate.
- In 2004 the hotel became Rooms on the Beach. It now had 97 rooms and was a SuperClubs affiliate.
- Then named Rooms on the Beach, Ocho Rios (as there is also one in Negril that is still open). In 2021 no website and the pool was green. Pictures at TripAdvisor. Last review was February 2020. One reviewer there writes the hotel is slated for demolition.