Summit Hotel → Police Residence → Summit Police Station
Montego Bay: Doctor's Cave Beach
Summit Hotel aka The Summit, Sunset Boulevard
- Constructed in 1968 with a December 15 expected opening. It is the undertaking of the Mogilevsky family of Montego Bay. Mr. Leon Mogilevsky is one of the shareholders. The hotel will start with 11 double rooms, and the building was planned for expansion. All rooms will be air-conditioned and under the high-level circular restaurant and bar. They may provide a discotheque. (They built a soundproof one.) The hotel will operate on the Continental Plan (only included meal is breakfast). The hotel will be managed by Leon's sister, Mrs. Lolita McGann.
- In November 1972 the hotel proposes an extension.
- In August 1975 the 40 room hotel was leased to the government to house 40 policemen assigned to the Montego Bay area.
- In October 1975 the hotel has 76 rooms. It is being turned into a police station.
- In October 1986 Summit Hotel Limited was voluntarily liquidated. (At some point the government bought the hotel out.)
- In the Fall of 2004 the old Summit Hotel was reopened to house members of the Mobile Reserve, who will be permanently stationed there to combat the current upsurge of criminal activity.
- It is now the Summit Police Station.